Vision and Aims
At St Mawes we aim to create an environment that is safe and one that enhances and develops children’s desire to learn and equip them for their future. We want it to be a place where children’s individual needs and abilities are recognised and nurtured, their successes acknowledged and celebrated.
We want St Mawes to be a place where children are happy, confident and secure in the knowledge that they are valued and listened to, where they can be excited and challenged in an environment that promotes learning at all levels.
We aim for every child to reach their full potential, have a love for learning and feel equipped for the future. We do this through the following aims:
- To ensure that every child achieves the highest levels of achievement through quality first teaching
- To foster and develop each pupil to fulfil their potential
- To ensure that high quality learning takes place for every child by providing a broad, balanced and enriched curriculum that meets the needs of every child
- To ensure that the school is stimulating and exciting – a fun place to be – in order that children will be motivated to do well
- To value the efforts and achievements of all the children and celebrate them
- To encourage children to have self-respect, self-confidence and self-reliance
- To develop a climate of mutual trust, respect and affection between pupils and adults
- To ensure that all children are treated equally and feel safe and secure
- To develop a love for learning through enjoyment and by encouraging enquiring minds to discover, explore and learn about their ever-changing world
- To have respect and tolerance of different religions and cultures and an understanding of British values
- To lead healthy lives by understanding the need for a good diet and regular exercise
- To become good citizens of the future by contributing to the community and society